Thursday, August 27, 2015

Perfect Products

When you are having a lupus flare resulting with a skin rash, it's daunting to decide what to put on it to calm the redness and stop the itching. With the help of my fabulous dermatologist, I've figured out what things I can't live without during a Lupus flare: 

  • Eucerin Skin Calming- the body wash and the lotion both contain castor oil which draws out impurities 
  •  Mixing Calamine lotion with coconut oil- the Calamine contains healing zinc and coconut oil is both moisturizing and anti-bacterial plus it smells fabulous!
  • Epsom salt lotion for creaky joints
  • Ice packs and Benedryl
  • Turmeric tea + Curcumin oral supplements because they are a very powerful anti-inflammatory 
  • Apple Cider Vinegar- I drink a few table spoons a day and I put it in my bath to restore my skin pH balance - it can also be used as a toner 1:1 with water...beware of the smell, to say it's stinky is an understatement!




No comments:

Post a Comment